Dr Guandong Xu is a Professor in the School of Computer Science and Advanced Analytics Institute at University of Technology Sydney. He received MSc and BSc degree in Computer Science and Engineering, and PhD in Computer Science. He has succeeded in three academic promotions from Lecturer to full Professor from 2012 to 2018. His research has received funding from Australian Research Council Discovery and Linkage Project, Cooperative Research Centre Program, government and industry, totalling over $5.5M in past years.
He currently heads the Data Science and Machine Intelligence Lab, which consists of 15+ members of academics, research fellows and HDR students. From Nov 2019, he directs the newly established Smart Future Research Centre, which is an across-disciplines industry engagement and innovation platform for AI and Data Science Application towards smart wealth management and investment, energy, food, water, living, and city.
Yulei Sui is a Senior Lecturer at School of Computer Science, Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology, University of Technology Sydney (UTS). He received his PhD from University of New South Wales in 2014. He had worked as a Research Fellow from January 2014 to September 2017 at UNSW, Australia. He Joined UTS to take his current role in October 2017. His general interests are program analysis, compilers, software engineering and machine learning. Particularly, his research focuses on building fundamental static and dynamic program analysis techniques to improve the reliability and security of modern software systems. His recent interest lies in bug prediction, program repair, and software security analysis through data mining and machine learning.
His papers have been published in the top-tier conferences and journals in the field of software engineering and a programming language such as TSE, ICSE, FSE, ISSTA, ECOOP, SAS, CGO, CC, ICPP, LCTES. He was a research intern in the Program Analysis Group in Oracle Lab Australia in 2013. He was a keynote speaker at EuroLLVM 2016, and has been awarded a 2019 SAS Best Paper, a 2018 ICSE Distinguished Paper Award, a 2013 CGO Best Paper, an ACM CAPS award, and an ARC Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (2017-2019).
Angela HUO received the B.Eng and Ph.D. degrees from Northeastern University, China in 2002 and 2007, both in Computer Science and Technology. Her research interests include data stream management technology, advanced data analysis, and data-driven cybersecurity.
From 2012 to 2014, Angela HUO taught at the Department of Computer Information System, the University of the Fraser Valley in Canada, and studied at the University of Waterloo as a visiting scholar for one year.
Xianzhi Wang is a lecturer and DECRA Fellow at the School of Computer Science in the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology. He received his PhD and Master’s degrees from Harbin Institute of Technology and Bachelor’s degree from Xi’an Jiaotong University. He worked/visited/interned at Singapore Management University, UNSW Sydney, University of Adelaide, Arizona State University, and IBM Research – China (Beijing).
Shaowu Liu is a research fellow in the School of Computer Science and Advanced Analytics Institute, University of Technology Sydney. His current research interests include interpretable machine learning, causality learning, and user behaviour analytics. Besides research, he is also a data scientist with extensive experience in FinTech, renewable energy, and health.
Qian Li received her Ph.D. in Computer Science from Chinese Academy of Science. She is currently a Postdoc Research Fellow at University of Technology Sydney. Her research interests lie primarily in causal analysis, optimization algorithms and topological data analysis. She has published several papers in high-impact conferences including CVPR, AAAI, WWW, CIKM, PAKDD, etc., and Journal of Knowledge and Information Systems (KAIS), Neurocomputing, Journal of Network and Computer Applications (JNCA), Journal of Network and Systems Management (JNSM).
Hongxu Chen is now working as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in School of Computer Science at University of Technology Sydney, Australia. He completed his Ph.D. in Computer Science at The University of Queensland in 2019.
His research interests include network science, data mining, recommendation systems and social network analytics. In particular, his research is focusing on learning representations for information networks and applying the learned network representations to solve real-world problems in complex networks such as e-commerce (e.g., customer behaviour modelling and prediction, sales prediction) and social networks, biology (rare disease prediction via patient-symptoms graph), financial market (e.g., information diffusion & trading behaviour) and recommendations systems with heterogenous information sources.
High Degree Research students
- Luexue Ge (BUAA Master, PhD 2020 SPR)
- Xiangmeng Wang (SHU Master, 2020 SPR)
- Yicong Li (NUDT Master, 2020 SPR)
- Li He, Creditability analysis of user generated contents (USTC Master, PhD 2020 AUT)
- Tri Dung Duong, Interpretable machine learning (HCMUT, PhD 2020 AUT)
- Yang HE, AI enhanced Code Search (WHUT, MSc. 2020 AUT)
- Hamad Zogan, Depression detection in Social Media (SJU Master, PhD 2019 SPR)
- Rafiqul Islam, A Behavioral Study of Australian Life Insurance Customers (IUT Master, PhD 2019 AUT)
- Rhys Biddle, Detection and Interpretation of Figurative Language for Public Health (UTS Honours, PhD 2019 AUT)
- Yangyang Shu, Privileged information Learning (USTC Master, PhD 2018 SPR)
- Wenhua Wang, Code summarisation (Huaqiao Uni. Master, PhD 2018 AUT)
- Jun YIN, Misinformation and misbehaviour detection (NJUFE Master, PhD 2017 SPR)
- Ben Culbert, Finance literacy mining and correlation to investment (Syd. Uni, IDP 2017 SPR)
- Dennis Singh
- Joshua Zerafa
- Charles Chu, Learning and Satisfying Customer Needs for Financial Adviser (IDP 2016.03-2020.08, Colonial First States)
- James Brownlow, Data Driven Customer Engagement in Australian Superannuation (IDP 2016.03-2020.03, Colonial First States)
- Imran Razzak, Sparse Support Matrix Machines for the Classification of Corrupted Data (PhD 2017.08-2019.12, Senior Lecturer at Deakin University)
- Zili Zhou, Network Embedding Learning in Knowledge Graph, (PhD 2016.07-2019.11, now Research Associate, University of Manchester)
- Nhi Vo, Machine Learning Algorithm in Wealth Data Analytics (PhD 2016.08-2020.03, now Lecturer at RMIT Vietnam Campus)
- Razvan Codis, Decision management for next best business action marketing (MSc. 2016.07-2020.03, System Architect at NAB)
- Xiao Zhu, Agile Mining – A Novel Data Mining Process for Industry Practice based on Agile Method and Visualisation (MSc 2015.08-2017.07, Data Analyst at Commonwealth Bank Australia )
- Raul Manongdo, Developing client churn prediction models on home- based care services (MSc 2015.08-2018.03, Data Science Trainer at Institute of Data)
- Bin Fu, Learning label dependency for multi-label classification (PhD 2013.07-2017.03, Senior Data Scientist at Colonial First State)
- Anand Chinchore, Data Mining of Classification for Sybil User Detection (MSc. 2013.07-2016.10, Data Analyst at Australian College of Applied Psychology)
- Prof Lin Li (Wuhan University of Technology)
- Prof Zhiang Wu (Nanjing Auditing University)
- Prof Dingguo Yu (Zhejiang University of Media)
- A/Prof Zhigang Zhao (Zhejiang University of Media)
- Dr Xin Li (USTC, now Data Science Leader at iFlyTek, China)
- Dr Runze Wu (USTC, now Research Engineer at NetEase Hangzhou)
- Dr Dongjing Wang (ZJU, now lecturer Hongzhou Dianzi University)
- Dr Yao Wan (ZJU, now Lecturer at Huazhong University of Science and Technology)
- Dr Haochao Ying (ZJU, now Lecturer at Zhejiang University)
- Dr Wei Gao (Zhejiang University)
- Dr Zafar Saeed, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan
- Arizona State University, USA
- Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Essex University, UK
- Bournemouth University, UK
- King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia
- Hamad Bin Khalifa University, Qatar
- National University of Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- Lingnan University, Hong Kong
- University of Cyprus, Cyprus