Prof. Guandong Xu has been elected as the Fellow of Institution of Engineering & Technology, UK.
1. The Digital Disruptors Awards has awarded the University of Technology, Sydney as this year’s winner for ICT Research Project of the Year for their research on onboarding Gen Z to eBay using an innovative multi-modal hypergraph model.
2. Prof. Guandong Xu has been elected as the Fellow of Institution of Engineering & Technology, UK. The fellowship is offered to the high achievers – those respected professionals at the forefront of engineering, technology, or cognate disciplines for at least five years or more.
- The winner of “ICT Research Project of the Year” in the 2021 ACS (Australian Computer Society) Digital Disruptors Award
- eBay Leaders’ Choice Top 3 Research Innovation Award, 2021
- Research paper on CTR prediction collaborated with eBay Research was nominated for the Best Paper at CIKM 2021
- Insurance Innovation Global Award (Bronze) in Workforce Transformation by European Finance Management Association (EFMA)-Accenture, 2020
- Digital Disruptors Winner Award of Skills Transformation of Small Work Teams by Australian Computer Society, 2019
- Digital Disruptors Gold Award of Service Transformation for the Digital Consumer Corporate by Australian Computer Society, 2019
- NSW State Merit Awards in Category of Research \& Development Project of the year, Business Service Markets, and Data Insights Innovation of the year by Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA), 2019
- Top 25 Analytics Leaders (No.9) Award by Institute of Analytics Professionals of Australia, 2018
- Digital Disruptors Gold Award for Skill Transformation in Work Team by Australian Computer Society, 2018
- UTS VC Research Excellence Award Finalist for Research Development Category, 2018
- Best Industry Application of Data Analytics Award by BigInsight Data and Ai Innovation Award, 2018
- Best Industry Application of AI Award by BigInsight Data and Ai Innovation Award, 2018
- 2018 Australasian Database Conference Best Student Paper Award, 2018
- National Finalist and NSW State Award for Marketing Excellence in Customer Research Insight and Customer Retention by Australia Marketing Institute, 2017
- 2017 BESC Conference Best Application Paper Award on “Combining Heterogeneous Features for Time Series Prediction”
- BigInsight Data Innovation Award: Best Customer Insights Award and Highly Commended in Best Industry Application of Data Analytics, 2016
- Vice-Chancellor (President)’s Award for Excellence in Research and Research Training, Victoria University, 2009
- Endeavor Postdoctoral Research Fellowships Award from Department of Education, Science & Technology (DEST), Australia (AU$25,000), 2008
- Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-financed Students Aboard, Ministry of Education (MOE), China (US\$5,000), 2007