We are the winner of "ICT Research Project of the Year" in the 2021 ACS (Australian Computer Society) Digital Disruptors Award.
Prof Guandong Xu has been elected as Australian Computer Society Fellow
Prof. Guandong Xu has been elected as the Fellow of Institution of Engineering & Technology, UK.
1. The Digital Disruptors Awards has awarded the University of Technology, Sydney as this year’s winner for ICT Research Project of the Year for their research on onboarding Gen Z to eBay using an innovative multi-modal hypergraph model.
2. Prof. Guandong Xu has been elected as the Fellow of Institution of Engineering & Technology, UK. The fellowship is offered to the high achievers – those respected professionals at the forefront of engineering, technology, or cognate disciplines for at least five years or more.
- The winner of “ICT Research Project of the Year” in the 2021 ACS (Australian Computer Society) Digital Disruptors Award
- eBay Leaders’ Choice Top 3 Research Innovation Award, 2021
- Research paper on CTR prediction collaborated with eBay Research was nominated for the Best Paper at CIKM 2021
- Insurance Innovation Global Award (Bronze) in Workforce Transformation by European Finance Management Association (EFMA)-Accenture, 2020
- Digital Disruptors Winner Award of Skills Transformation of Small Work Teams by Australian Computer Society, 2019
- Digital Disruptors Gold Award of Service Transformation for the Digital Consumer Corporate by Australian Computer Society, 2019
- NSW State Merit Awards in Category of Research \& Development Project of the year, Business Service Markets, and Data Insights Innovation of the year by Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA), 2019
- Top 25 Analytics Leaders (No.9) Award by Institute of Analytics Professionals of Australia, 2018
- Digital Disruptors Gold Award for Skill Transformation in Work Team by Australian Computer Society, 2018
- UTS VC Research Excellence Award Finalist for Research Development Category, 2018
- Best Industry Application of Data Analytics Award by BigInsight Data and Ai Innovation Award, 2018
- Best Industry Application of AI Award by BigInsight Data and Ai Innovation Award, 2018
- 2018 Australasian Database Conference Best Student Paper Award, 2018
- National Finalist and NSW State Award for Marketing Excellence in Customer Research Insight and Customer Retention by Australia Marketing Institute, 2017
- 2017 BESC Conference Best Application Paper Award on “Combining Heterogeneous Features for Time Series Prediction”
- BigInsight Data Innovation Award: Best Customer Insights Award and Highly Commended in Best Industry Application of Data Analytics, 2016
- Vice-Chancellor (President)’s Award for Excellence in Research and Research Training, Victoria University, 2009
- Endeavor Postdoctoral Research Fellowships Award from Department of Education, Science & Technology (DEST), Australia (AU$25,000), 2008
- Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-financed Students Aboard, Ministry of Education (MOE), China (US\$5,000), 2007